Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014-02-02: Hobby Forward!

I have been chipping away at my bear riding Knights of Morr off and on over the last few weeks.  This has been made possible by my 3-year old sleeping longer at night due to no longer having day naps and just forcing myself to not fritter time away on the web in the morning.

One obstacle to doing photo posts has been the extra steps of taking the photos on a camera, removing the drive, loading them onto my computer, labeling, and then posting.  I decided last night to take photos on my Droid and then rely on Dropbox to handle the photo-schlepping (alas, I thought I might have coined a new term but it looks like there is somebody on the interwebs with photoschlep as their handle, oh well).

This morning, grabbed by 2nd tea of the morning and sat down in front of my computer.  Low and behold!  The Dropbox fairies have visited in the middle of the night and I have hobby photos on my computer.  So now I will update you on what I have been doing.

2014-02-01 19.42.12 All six knights.  The three on the left were made using standard empire knights while the three on the right used DG riders.
2014-02-01 19.42.22 Here is a lose up of one knight.  Most of the base coating is done and I am actively working on highlighting and shading.  I will have to decide what to do with the banners, but something simple would be best since I will have to replicate it several times.  I also am thinking of how to give the bears more definition.  Perhaps some careful washes.
2014-02-01 19.42.30 When I assembled this knight originally, I had used an arm that had the lance straight forward.  I noticed later that all the other knights had theirs held up and this one rider looked odd as a result.  So I am in the process of reattaching the arm so it will held up as well.

All six knights.  The three on the left were made using standard empire knights while the three on the right used DG riders.

No comments:

Post a Comment