Thursday, January 31, 2013

2013-01-31: M1 D31 Helblaster is Done-ish

The helblaster and crew are done.  Mostly.  I still need to base and seal them.  Oh, and I think I do want to go back and get the lenses on the telescope to look better.

2013-01-31 - Helblaster and Crew Done-ish

I think I will chip away at the 40ish halberdiers a little bit each month, say 5, while having something else as the objective for the month.  The idea being that not only will it not be se monolithic a challenge, but I will also be able to paint each 5 like each other but differently from the others.  Hence, I can get a nice motley look (appropriate for Stirland) at the end when I combine them all without having to spend the extra brain energy making each guy in a block of 40 look different.

Now I just have to decide what to do for next month.  I have 20ish swordsmen assembled.  But part of me wants to paint either a steam tank or a war altar (or a steam altar) now that I have got the bits in the mail.  I also have my demi-bear project I can work on now that those bits have arrived as well.

I will mull on it over the weekend and post when I have made up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment