Thursday, February 28, 2013

2013-02-28: Month 2 Wrap Up

Here are the finished (except for basing) of the cannon, mortar, and their crews.

 2013-02-28 22.04.09 Artillery Crews Cannon and Mortar (Medium)

I am a big fan of the Vallejo flesh wash.  I base coat some sort of flesh color and then pick out the highlights with flesh/white mix (or just white).  Then I apply the wash.  I have found that this is a very quick way to get a very nice flesh effect.  Below are the pictures of an artillery man before and after wash:

2013-02-28 18.48.49 Artillery Crew Pre-Flesh Wash (Medium)       2013-02-28 21.58.39 Artillery Crew Post-Flesh Wash (Medium)

I decided to put my artillery pieces on round 60mm bases.  While I could do some shenanigans with not basing them, I think they will look better based and I also wont have to deal with any questions about mini’s touching in not when in play.  The bases arrived yesterday and I will slap them on this weekend.

My Directorate ships are mostly base coated.  The gold/bronze is taking a while since I paint those areas brown and then go over with gold and there are lots of fiddly tubing to paint with this color.  But I hope that they will be base coated this weekend.

I have to tally up my ogres this weekend and see if I have enough to take the plunge and do the Garagehammer painting challenge.  Two challenges at once seems like a lot, but the ogres should paint very fast and I would like an excuse to paint them,

No comments:

Post a Comment